Wednesday, June 3, 2009

it happens.

So today my purse broke. But it's not just your normal purse. This bag holds everything I need. My purse always seems to weigh more than the average girl's does. But i like to be prepared. I then come to the conclusion i shouldn't be surprised that it breaks..I unloaded my purse and it sure was filled, probably with some things I don't really need. Let's see it had my Bible and my journal (both important), 2 packs of gum (hey, you may want a different kind), my wallet, keys, some chapsticks (maybe one too many), sunglasses, a random bracelet. Yes, it needed to be cleaned out. When will i get a new purse? I don't know. Maybe it's a hint to lighten my load.

Aside from this, I have been reading more lately. (More as in my 2nd book of the summer). The book is called "The Cross Centered Life" by C.J. Mahaney. It is an easy read, but really challenging. One thing I found interesting was the difference between justification and sanctification, and how we (we'll I) mix up the two. Justification is objective-it is Christ's work for us. Sanctification is subjective, and it is Christ's work in us. Justification is a finished work. Nothing we do can add to our justification. We're never "more saved" or "more loved" by God. Our works do not add to the finished complete work of Jesus on the cross.

I was really convicted by this. Sometimes I believe the works I do will make God more/less pleased with me, when this isn't true. He will never love me less. His love is shown by His grace and work on the cross.

have a blessed rest of the week!

hillary

1 comment:

Brooklyn. said...

But MAYBE you can be more sanctified if you cleaned out your purse.

-_-


kidding. hahaha i think I may be worse than you actually. I've been thinking about posting a blog about what I carry around with me everywhere. That'll be a doozy.