Saturday, June 27, 2009

46.

well it's saturday, so i'm back again. This week was 5th and 6th graders and by far the most challenging yet. I went into it after a great 1st week of camp somewhat thinking it would be the same, just instead of 4 girls in my cabin i would have 9. I figured they would be a little bit more responsible, and more intrigued into hearing the gospel, but i think i was a little bit wrong. My cabin was awesome, and i loved the girls, but they were alot of work. I don't even know how to summerize this week. It's crazy the backgrounds and lifestyles that these kids come from. The first night we took a hike with all the kids, and i was talking with one of my girls, Haleigh, who went on to tell me how her parents are divorced, her mom is an alcoholic, she wants to live with her dad, she has 2 jobs, and is 12 years old. Then i talked with another girl who has 2 moms, no dad role model, and doesn't go to church. I was blown away at the fact that this was only 2 of the 140 kids at the camp, and they had this crazy of a story. I would say 4 of my girls actually go to church on a regular basis. I think i assumed everyone has heard the gospel, but i realized some just are not interested. This was challenging. I am learning not to put a limit on God. When i looked at these 5 other girls, I selfishly thought that they had no hope, and that they wouldn't pay attention, and that was how the week would end. I became discouraged because I with all my heart wanted all of them to truly be on fire for Jesus. That is so much to expect from a 11 year old who has barely heard of Jesus. My prayers reflected Heb. 4:12, as i was realizing how sharp the Word of the Lord is. He is truly able to pierce their hearts, and that is what i prayed for. At the end of the week, 1 girl told me she "prayed the prayer" and actually meant it (this was Haleigh), but i know the struggle will come when she returns home. Pray for her. My cabin was extremely messy and obnoxious, but i loved the girls. I will miss them. For the whole camp this week, 46 kids admitted to believing in Jesus for the first time. Amazing. Of this one thing i am sure. 1 Cor. 3:5-7 :Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase." I am trusting that God worked through me somehow. Thank you for using me Lord.

And of course..pictures :)
backwards day : me and becky!..
..
...
...
try to find me..i kinda blend in :)...
this is my buddy johnny..he got a sweet bruise from being kicked by a horse. stud.

No comments: