Saturday, June 13, 2009

Double Time.

So yes, this is my second blog in the same day, but hey, that's ok. Except this time i have pictures. Today some of the counselors went on a hike to Trinity Falls. This may have been my favorite day so far. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think as i notice the great bond between the counselors, outtings with them are even better. The one exciting thing about the hike is that the water is absolutely FREEZING (maybe 34 degrees), and you can't go and not go in! So, at a point in the waterfall, everyone toughens up and jumps in (well maybe were not that brave, cuz we just ssllooowlly walked in :) It was so much fun!! I captured some fun pictures!
This is my friend Kim-she helps in the kitchen.............

Right when we got back to camp, the weather changed. There is now thunder, lightning, and rain. I hope it clears up by tonight, because we are hoping to have a bonfire.

Another highlight of today was the practice of singing chapel songs! it was so fun just being crazy and having fun with handmotions, but at the same time worshipping our Savior. One song i personally like is "I'm Trading My Sorrows". "I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame, I'm laying them down, for the joy of the Lord". Love it!! I also really like the song "Worthy of Praise". The song names all these names of the Lord, and I think it is so powerful in describing who He is and how amazing He is. "He is Lord of Lords, He is King of Kings, He is Mighty God, Lord of Everything, He is Emmanuel, He is the Great I AM, He's My Prince of Peace, who is the Lamb, He's the Living God, He's my Saving Grace, He will reign forever, He is Ancient of Days, He is the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End, He's my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer and Friend, He is my Prince of Peace, and I will live my life for Him." Sooo goood!

That is pretty much it for now. Side note, i have been drinking alot of cinnamon apple tea.

love.
hillary

No comments: