Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sometimes I crave chocolate; but sometimes I don't.






This has been my break so far. Prior to these past fun filled days, my weekend was spent with my 7 year old cousin at the zoo in Santa Barbara and at the beach with my family. On Tuesday Hope came up to stay :) We spent the night making lots of brownies (and I mean alot), experimenting with air popped popcorn, and watching the ever hilarious movie, "The Little Rascals". This was so fun, and brought back tons of childhood memories. Just as Spanky says, "Say, those are some nice azuga's!!"

Today we took bikes to the beach and went for a nice ride. It was a morning of surf, sand, and of course sun! Then we experienced thai food for the first time, which was mighty delicious, if I do say so myself. I hope to go again soon. After lunch, we made yet another batch of brownies (not to worry, they were not for us), and made some trail mix as well. This has been something I had wanted to do for awhile. Kinda random, but I am a big fan. My recipe for trail mix included pretzels, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews (all salted of course), dried blueberrys, cherries, and cranberries, as well as peanut butter puffin cereal. Maybe not your typical mixture, but it is by far a new favorite of mine. All in all, I have had a great time hanging with Hope. I enjoy her company, our laughter, and real friendship.

I am learning to love Ventura. Though having home up here is quite different, it is a good different, and I am thankful for the changes that God brings. I do realize they are for the better, and His plan is truly perfect. It is crazy all the things we constantly need to learn, and we realize them because of certain situations in our lives. I don't always recognize and thank the Lord for His work in me, but I am so thankful and blessed.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

1 comment:

john sachs said...

thai food is the best!