Sunday, March 29, 2009

Looking Forward

I can't believe how close it is to the end of my second year of college. It is coming so quickly. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there is alot to be done before then. However, my plans for the summer are coming together, and I am looking forward to all God will do, and has already started doing.

I feel as though this blog will have a bunch of random statements from my life at the moment, but here it goes:
1) The newest aspect to my life is that I got a job! In this economy, I am so thankful. I work for my friend's parents trucking company, and help in the office. I love it because it fits what I do well, like organizing and filing papers and so on. Praise the Lord for sure!

2) I got accepted to be a counselor at Clydehurst Christian Ranch (in Montana)! I have been wanting to do this since I applied in late December, and I finally found out! I am looking forward to being away and experiencing God in ways I can't imagine. I want to meet new people, and hopefully have a positive impact for the kingdom of Christ.

3) This weekend we held a leadership conference on our campus. One of the sessions I attended was on our influence on others as leaders. One of my fears is that somehow I will have a negative impact on someone's life, unintentionally, by something I say or do. It has made me aware of what I say and how I act. I am learning that my attitude reflects what is in my heart.
A quote a like about influence is in one of Dwight Edwards' books. It says, "The older i get, the more I long to know that whatever influence God allows me to have upon others is genuinely of Him." First of all, it is God who allows us to influence others; I just pray it would be of Him, and people will come to Him.

4) I have been wanting to be in the Word more; not just reading, but memorizing and really knowing and understanding. This way I will be ready to share the gospol with anyone at any time. I really want to be intentional about doing this.

5) Just because I feel like I need a 5th point I am going to add a song that I like recently. Don't really know why I like it, but it is called "Salt in the Snow" by the Classic Crime.

I hope everyone's time is multiplied this week. If God is the first priority, I know He will allow all else to get done!

-Hillary

No comments: