Tuesday, March 10, 2009

all or nothing.

wow. i apologize for my lack of writing. I guess i have been busy, and the truth is i have been. I don't even know where to start really. But i guess I'll give a little update on my life since february has past. I cant believe I am about to go on spring break. Time sure does fly!!

Well, school is good, but definitely time consuming. However, I have found the library to be one of my new favorite places. I can't seem to study in the same place all the time (aka. my apt.) . The library offers different places to study (aka. anywhere there is an open desk). I also like that other people are there also studying; sometimes someone you know is there, which isn't always likely to happen sitting at my own kitchen table.

I also recently was chosen for my school's freshman orientation program (FOCUS). I am really excited for this. I am ready to make new friends and grow and experience together, as we aim to know Christ and make Him known. I can't wait to see what the Lord does.

I am currently jobless, and I am noticing how much of a struggle this is. I currently have $1.01 on my debit card. This is bad! But i have NO time for a job. I am definitely learning how much stuff i want to buy but don't need to! Humbling for sure!

I have also been fasting from facebook. Until easter I have decided to try and spend my time on other things. Hopefully I can be more intentional, as well as experience Christ and share Him with others with this extra time.

As for now, I have a lot to do before spring break. I am going home for the break(Ventura), and I can't wait.

I am going to work on blogging more.

Until then,
hillary

3 comments:

john sachs said...

$1.01? Talk about having to be frugal! You should try and get it down to one meager cent, and see how long you can keep it that way. That's actually a terrible idea. Don't listen to me.

Anyway, it's good to see you are blogging. I need to work on updating more often too.

hillary said...

i actually went back and checked..and it was $0.86 cents in my acct. not good!

its nice to be back to the blog lol..i didnt really know people read it.

Hope Ekholm said...

wow, we cannot spend money. I'm in the library rightn now and I don't see you in here, strange.annnnd john just walked in. even more strange. hahha.