Saturday, August 22, 2009

always forever.

So yes, I am home, and i have not blogged for some time. To sum it up, camp was amazing! There's no possible way to go to Montana for the summer, meet amazing people, meet God, and not be changed. It was all I expected to be, and so much more.

It is so hard to get back into the swing of things at home. Life not at camp is completely different. A different pace, a different world. I'm not sure I like it. My perspective has changed about a lot of things. I remember coming home, and walking in from lunch, and my family saying "Let's watch t.v." and me thinking, there is so much more we could be doing. It just seems so pointless. There is so much more that Hollywood reality and vain living. I am so thankful to learn that.

How have I changed? I have somewhat changed my idea of what I want to do with my life. I see myself going places. I don't think I can stay in the same city for awhile. I must do something purposeful. I want to see God work and lives changed. I am willing to go where He takes me, wherever that is. I am willing.

I am not a crier, but I was moved today while watching a preview for a movie. (yes though t.v. seems pointless, i did go to the movies with the fam). Anyhow, in the movie, some kid is rejected by everyone and kds at school, and a little boy befriends him. He helps him, and they become family. I want to be like that little boy. I was moved by his compassion and love. I want that.

Lord, may you be my desire, and may i serve others and seek you.

I move to school on Tuesdsay, and cannot wait! FOCUS is going to be a blast..woop woop!

I need to start my packing. :)

-Hillary

No comments: