Wednesday, July 22, 2009

rise. shine. and give God the glory.

Hello! i feel like it's been awhile, though it probably hasn't. I hope everyone is well. This week is the 2nd week of family camp, and my dad, Beth, Andria, and her friend are here as campers. So great! it was kinda hard at first, finding that balance between spending time with them, and still working and serving the campers as well. But it has been so great seeing them! i had yesterday afternoon off and was able to go on a hike with them. I think they are having an awesome time, and i love seeing them!

This week has been incredibly hard on my part. Family camps offer alot more free time for us counselors. Though there is still stuff to do, there is still free time. This allows me more time to 1)sleep, and 2) think. This could be good, however this week i have found myself thinking alot about things that are bothering me. I seem to notice all my flaws: how selfish i am, what things other people do that irritate me, how jealous i can be at times, how much i havent been in God's Word, and how much i haven't been praying for others when i say i will. I was really frustrated by this. I knew i needed to take a night and catch up, rest, pray, and be with the Lord. Last night i did this, and am way more refreshed. I read Luke 11:9-10, which says, "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." This is so true, i realized. God wants us to bring our requests to Him. So i prayed this: Father, i am coming to you expectant, with faith that you will give me a better attitude. Give me strength when i am tired, and Your love to serve and encourage others. Help me to trust in Your work here. May Your word be spread, and may i be used for Your glory. I love you Lord. Amen

miss and love you all!
hillary.

1 comment: