Wednesday, July 15, 2009

how great...Your love for us.

So family camps have started, and it is a LOT different. One obvious difference is the amount of free time i have. I have enjoyed the time to catch up on sleep. Our duty as counselors is also really different. The biggest struggle now is that I don't feel as needed, in a spiritual sense at least. During youth camps, we were on the front lines of what was happening in the kid's lives, and we could see God working, at least for the most part. Now I am just hoping that what i am doing is being used for God's glory, and somehow i am making a difference.

One thing i have enjoyed is late night running. At about 11:30 pm, my friend Christa and I run to Mile Rock and back, in the pitch black with only the stars and sometimes moon as our light. It is such an awesome time. The first night we ran, we were a bit scared (those lies creep into our mind about bad things happening), so the entire time we recited Scripture. I was amazed at how it just flowed, and the presence of God was felt mightily. It was soo awesome. This has become a routine; a time for us to really talk one on one and just stand amazed by God. I have loved this verse for some time now : Ps. 73:26- My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.



hillary

No comments: